Tuesday, March 1, 2011

burrito magnet

Okay..so, there is this burrito. Not an ordinary burrito. It's a burrito that I look out for, that I get excited about and that I can't replace. I'm so hooked on this burrito that it has gotta be laced with something...ha! This burrito is only available in the mornings...they sell out by 10am.. so if I'm seriously craving this burrito in the morning I gotta schedule my route around it before they sell out and close up shop. When they close up shop, they literally disappear. Then there is no evidence of them, until the next morning.
Now, now, I don't eat this burrito every morning...but I do come close to it. I know it's just waiting there, ready to be bought but I resist. The burrito has gotta be respected. You have got to take it in doses, the goodness that is. Once you make the decision to purchase the burrito, you gotta go through the obstacle...every great thing as got an obstacle.
First of all, are you getting one or are you getting two? Are you going alone or is somebody joining you. If three are going it can get tough, wires can get crossed and you might not get the full satisfaction, so three is tricky but doable.
Now morning school traffic is a mess and the burrito is located right across from the school, across the cross walk with constant pedestrian traffic, next to the car wash traffic and the laundrymat traffic...so you see, it's an obstacle. So once you make the decision, you gotta commit, there's no backing out of that obstacle. Once you maneuver through there, you gotta park. Now I have a full size Suburban, so people have gotta get out of my way for this machine. At first, I let my obsession over the burrito get the best of me and I would zip right through the obstacle and park right up front like I was the burrito VIP drive up window. There is a window, but it's for people to walk up to order & pick up. Anyway, I've tamed myself and now I park further back, giving all the compact cars plenty of room to stack next to each other.
When it's time to walk up and order you gotta hurry because people are coming from all directions to get in line. The line throws you off too because it's not an orderly visable line. People get a ticket number once they pay so customers are lingering around holding their tickets. PLUS some people get their ticket number and wait in their vehicles. So you gotta hurry so that you don't end up being 8 tickets behind.

WARNING: When I am enroute to the burrito window to make my order I have one mission, the burrito. Sometimes I get there and various burrito options will be crossed out SOLD OUT so I gotta pay attention and prepare my tastebuds for the burrito I will be ordering. So forgive me, my attention is absorbed. If you call out my name, if you wave at me to get my attention, I may not recognize you, you may be a blur at the moment. I have a friend who came with me and almost knocked her head on the window shade because she was so focused on the burrito...so be careful.

You make your order, get your ticket number and now you wait. Depending on your position in the ticket number line, it could take up to 20 minutes (which is the longest I had to wait). And if you decide to wait in your vehicle and get to happy about the burrito on its way, friendly fellow customers will signal out your number to you through your windshield....oh yeah,  its that great.

When you approach the window, please observe, you get your burrito/s handed to you with two hands, a smile and "Have A Nice Day"!! How frickin awesome is that? I love that part :)

You quickly rush (I always tend to rush) back to your vehicle, holding the warm paper sack holding the burrito. Inside is a napkin, green chili, salt, foil & parchment paper wrapped fresh hot burrito. When you open up the burrito it is completely filled, sometimes, even overfilled that there is extra yummy goodness on the parchment paper.

While you take your first bite (omg~ my mouth is watering) you will notice and tell yourself out loud in your head, "Ohh my goodness, this tortilla is so soft, warm and smooth...it is melting in my mouth". The filling is a whole different story because there are different selections that I can't ruin it for you, you gotta try yourself and have your experience of the burrrito.

When you are all done and have consumed the entire burrito, you are superb. You can conquer the world at this point. Now don't go crazy and rush to buy a second burrito for yourself, again, respect the burrito and take it one at a time. Savour the flavor and embrace the wonderful power it has given you for your day.

1 comment:

  1. omg... don't let Guy find out... Diners Drive-Ins and Dives will be there and muck up the works! But, i'm ready to visit one morning, just to see this burrito heaven on Planet Navajo... thanks for sharing....I'm so hungry now! :)

    ReplyDelete